Effective September 1, 2020 a new study started, EMPOWER-T2D. This study assess the effectiveness of shared medical appointment weight management and weight loss medications to improve outcomes for patients with a BMI ≥30 and type 2 diabetes. This program is open to EHP employees and spouses, and will require face to face appointments once a month for 24 months.
To be eligible:
- BMI ≥30
- A diagnosis of type 2 diabetes with an A1C > 7.5%
- No use of any medications for weight loss within the past 90 days
- No visit with an Endocrinologist within the past 1 year
- No Prior participation in the Endocrinology and Metabolism institute’s Integrated Weight Management program.
- Program does not qualify for the EHP Healthy Choice discount.
If interested or have questions you should e-mail EMIstudy@ccf.org or call 216.442.1628.